Friday, January 12, 2007

New Year's Eve Revisited


Both Vox Galliae and and France-Echos have reported that the number of cars burned on New Years Eve was considerably higher than originally announced. See Galliawatch "New Years Eve Fires".

According to France-Echos:


The miniscule Interior Minister has lied once again...

Another lie from the State, but are the French still duped?

The definitive number of cars burned on New Years Eve is "70%" higher than the figures provided by the Interior Ministry on January 1, reports Europe 1 Radio, on testimony from the totality of prefectures.

The account given by the radio station cites 683 torched cars that night, while the account published by the ministry had cited 396, 83 of which had burned by "propagation".

Another France-Echos contributor takes it from there:

In France we were familiar with cars that burn out of sympathy for other cars, now the prefects have invented cars that don't burn when told not to...

So cars parked in France ignite after a certain delay, thanks to the ingenuity of the prefects of this Repooblic.

To give a concrete example, let's take at random the night of December 31, 2006 to January 1, 2007. If a car burns by spontaneous combustion - which often happens near our "Sensitive Urban Zones" - and if the poor owner of the vehicle doesn't realize it until the next day, at 6:00 a.m., or does not file a complaint until January 1, it happens, by the miracle of our modern age, that the fire will not be counted into the New Years Eve statistics.

This allows a certain Minister, looking down from his stilts, to say that the holiday was much calmer than last year - and we all know that last year was calmer than the year before, etc...

A third contributor adds:


I had the opportunity to meet with a captain of the gendarmerie, whom I cannot name, who confirmed that the official statistics do not take into account cars burned by propagation. In 2005, there were 45,500 cars burned. In reality, it was much more ...

Note: My question is: can Frenchmen take out special insurance against vandalism and burning of cars?

3 Comments:

At January 12, 2007 4:52 PM, Blogger drago911 said...

Reminds me of that old film with Hitler screaming on the phone at the end "Is Paris Burning ?"

Now, we can only ask: Is France Burning ? and add WHY ?

 
At January 12, 2007 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This has nothing at all to do with this post, but I have foolishly switched to the 'New Blogger' and now can't get into my blog, it just sends me in circles, telling me to sign in with my google account, and then once I do that bringing me back to the blogger front page, then sending me back to my google account page!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Anyone know what to do?

 
At January 12, 2007 10:43 PM, Blogger tiberge said...

@ anonymous

I have put off joining New Blogger for the very reasons you state. I suggest you go to the Google message board and explain very clearly your problem. Say you want help immediately and ask for a Google technician. Also check and see if others are having exactly the same problem. I've heard only nightmare stories about New Blogger. But I still think it will work out in the end, if you can get a technician to work with you.

Be sure to clear cache and cookies - but I'm sure you've done that a thousand times.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home