Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Familiar Message

Those of you familiar with this site will recognize this message. A family emergency is preventing me from posting. This began back in March and has continued until now, and there is no end in sight. A family member has suffered a serious fall and my services are needed, at least to a limited extent. I also have to consult with her lawyer about some urgent legal matters. So I will return to posting ASAP - probably later today or tomorrow (Friday). Again I thank you for your patience.

Labels:

6 Comments:

At November 20, 2008 1:59 PM, Blogger zazie said...

bon courage, Tiberge ; Try and get some rest when things get better!

 
At November 20, 2008 2:30 PM, Blogger Craig said...

I hope your relative gets better and I look forward to your future posts.

 
At November 20, 2008 2:42 PM, Blogger AMDG said...

We look forward to reading you again soon.

All the best for your relative.

 
At November 20, 2008 3:04 PM, Anonymous Joyce said...

I've offered up a prayer for your relative. Hope all will be well.

 
At November 21, 2008 3:34 AM, Blogger tiberge said...

To all,

I can't thank you enough for your kindness. It really boosted my ego.

The person in question will be OK - the real problem is that she fell after having undergone three (yes THREE) orthopedic surgeries, most recently hip replacement. The new hip was dislocated in the fall, but they were able to "pop" it back into place.

Now the major issues are pain management and sufficient rehab. The pain can get excruciating.

Since she is not very agile, I fear she will have to take extraordinary precautions to prevent another catastrophe.

 
At November 22, 2008 1:07 PM, Anonymous dauphin_b612 said...

@ tiberge

I have gone through something similar with a family member, and I know how difficult it is, so you have my complete empathy and wishes for your relative's recuperation, and for you to feel less stressed as well.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home