Saturday, January 19, 2013

Thanks for Assistance


Due to multiple chores and errands to run, I have not been able to sit at the computer for any extended period of time for two days. I want to thank everyone who sent information, assistance and support during the Blogger scare. GoV has been back up for a while. Apparently it was a technical problem after all since several other sites were off as well. So much the better. But I am glad it happened because I've gleaned lots of information about back-ups and how to go about saving an entire blog. I will look into the matter more closely over the coming days. One software program in particular - SiteSucker - seems quite easy to use. While I would be devastated to lose my Google account, should that happen (not very likely) I will move to another host. People have often suggested that I go to WordPress, but moving and starting over is as overwhelming a thought as changing residence. It's not something I feel like doing.

At GoV they are assuming the breakdown was not political, and for now I think it's best to accept that. However, our reaction of sudden panic was perfectly normal because we all live in the knowledge that the freedom of expression that we enjoy on the Internet may be provisional.

I know there has been some snow in France. Below a winter scene by Jean Hugo, great grandson of Victor.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At January 19, 2013 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snow in France, and in Paris

Ca tombe bien... Tomorrow is World Snow day:)

 
At January 19, 2013 9:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FYI: Gates of Vienna is down again, this time you get a message saying they are in violation of the terms of service.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home